NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2014
Now accepting applications for the following areas:
- Richard’s Bay, KZN
- East London, Eastern Cape
- Kimberley, Northern Cape
Applications are closed for these locations.
- Parkhurst, Gauteng
- Midrand, Gauteng
- Blouberg, Western Cape
THE WAKABERRY FRANCHISE APPLICATION PROCESS
The Wakaberry Franchise Application process is a very rigorous one which is followed to maintain and uphold the integrity of the Wakaberry brand. Wakaberry is committed to franchising as part of our way of doing business. We follow a strictly online application procedure and all applications are processed on a first received basis.
Here are a few basic questions for potential Applicants to answer:
- Do you truly want to run your own service orientated business?
- Do you have sufficient liquid capital, a good reputation and a clean credit record?
- Are you willing to train in all aspects of running a business the Wakaberry way?
- Are you willing to operate a business under a set of laid down rules, systems and culture?
- Do you enjoy working with a team of people and being their leader?
If you cannot answer yes to all of the above questions then Wakaberry is not the right choice for you. However, if you can, read on.
We are looking for Franchisees with the following qualities:
- Highly professional business ethics and strong personal integrity.
- A business background, with special emphasis on interpersonal skills, team leadership and financial management.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to succeed.
- The ability to meet the financial requirements.
- Excellent communicator, exhibiting respect and courtesy at all times.
- Willingness to devote time and effort to the day-to-day operation of the Wakaberry store.
- Willingness to carry all applicable costs including flights and accommodations during the interview and training process.
- A strong personal support structure.
Application Rules and Processes
- Submission of a franchise application pack does not guarantee that a franchise will be awarded to the Applicant.
- Submission of a franchise application pack does not guarantee that the Applicant will be given the opportunity to have a meeting/interview (telephonic and/or other) with Wakaberry.
- If the Applicant is afforded the opportunity to have a meeting/interview with Wakaberry, this still does not guarantee that a franchise will be awarded to the Applicant.
- If the Applicant is not awarded a franchise, Wakaberry is not obligated to give details as to why the application was unsuccessful and Wakaberry will not enter into discussions and/or correspondence regarding its decision to reject the Applicant.
- Applicants must be prepared to wait for an available opportunity and/or a Wakaberry approved site, which can take some time.
- The submission of any information to Wakaberry Holdings places no obligation on Wakaberry.
- A pre-requisite of the approval of an Applicant is that he/she must avail him/herself for a face to face interview at Wakaberry Holdings Head Office in Durban.
A total commitment of personal time and energy is of utmost importance. The Applicant must be willing to work hard and concentrate exclusively on the challenge of operating the store.
Each Applicant must have a person/s on his/her team with management experience or proven executive leadership skills. That person/s must have extensive experience in operations with a history of superior customer service and quality store management, or proven executive and leadership skills, and must also reside within an easy commute of the store and have a good knowledge of the local area.
Applicants are required to have a minimum of 60% of the total cost of the investment as liquid capital i.e. as unencumbered cash and it is preferable for Applicants not to have to raise finance at all for the total cost of the investment.
Stage One: Our Initial Requirements – Online Application Procedure
If you’re interested in applying for a Wakaberry Franchise, please complete and submit all of the following:
- Wakaberry Franchise Application consisting of 3 parts
- Part 1: Franchise Application Form
- Part 2: Wakaberry Agreement of Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure (each page must be initialed for the franchise application pack to be processed)
- Permission to Perform a Credit Check.
- Financial Statement
- Detailed CV
- Copy of your Identity Document
- Payment Confirmation of a R250 application fee.
Collectively called, “the franchise application pack”
The franchise application pack is to be submitted using the pink franchise submission tab at the bottom of the webpage.
It can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the following address: Office 2A, 1st Floor, Glenashley Views, 36 Newport Ave, Glenashley, 4051.
Stage Two: Formal Application Process
Once we receive the franchise application pack, we’ll begin to process it. This usually takes 2 to 3 weeks. If the franchise application pack meets our criteria and we believe that you would be an ideal fit for our brand, we’ll require proof of your availability to pay for the investment. Following this, a telephonic interview may be set up between yourself and our Franchising Department and matters will be taken from there.
Please note that given the volume of applications which we receive, submission of the franchise application pack doesn’t guarantee that a Wakaberry Franchise will be awarded to you. It also doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be afforded a telephonic and/or other meeting with our Franchising Team.
Estimated Costs: A General Guide
These figures are estimates and are subject to change. In addition, they DO NOT include VAT, deposits, site specific construction and/or miscellaneous costs.
Franchise & Licensing Fee : R175 000.00 plus VAT
Establishment Costs : R750 000.00 to R850 000.00 plus VAT
Initial Working Capital : R120 000 plus VAT
Construction Costs : R150 000.00 to R500 000.00 plus VAT (site specific)
TOTAL : R1 195 000.00 – R1 645 000.00 plus VAT
Monthly Fee : 9% comprising of the following
(a) Royalty fee – 7% of Gross Revenues
(b) Marketing fee – 2% of Gross Revenues